Only 3 hours from Ottawa and just over 4 hours from Toronto, discover this park named for the early French explorer who first travelled through this area in the early 1600's.
Set up camp in one of over 200 sites, and spend your days discovering the areas rich history at the parks Voyageur Museum, exploring the historic Mattawa River on a guided or self guided Canoe or Kayak day trip, swimming at the beach or hiking on the parks extensive trail system. Come aboard the parks replica Fur Trade Canoe for an unforgettable paddle back in time (July and August). An easy 10 minute drive form the historic town of Mattawa, you can enjoy all of its amenities, including a movie theatre, shopping, great restaurants and more. Explore nearby attractions such as the Eau Claire Gorge Conservation Area, the Voyageur Multi Use Trail System, the Museums and Art Galleries, Historic Statues and more! Enjoy a scenic drive through the nearby communities of Bonfield and Eau Claire, or to the Northern end of nearby Algonquin Park.
- Reservations: Visit Ontario Parks website to make reservations
- Phone: 705-744-2276
- Accommodation: Tent and R/V Campsites
- Season of Operation: May (Victoria Day Weekend) to October (Thanksgiving Weekend)
- Number of Campsites: 211
- Campsite Types: 105 With Electrical Hook Up, 106 Non Electrical Hook Up, 2 Barrier Free Sites
- On-Site Amenities: Beach, Hiking Trails, Canoe Rentals, Canoe and Kayak Tours, Voyageur Museum, General Store, Fishing
- Experience Packages Available: Mattawa River Canoe Day Trips, Mattawa River Kayak Day/ Evening Trips